MPPSC State Service Exam Pattern Details
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) State Service Exam Pattern is given below…
State Services Exam Consists of 2 Stages.
- State Services Preliminary Examination (Objective types) for selection of candidates for Main Examination, and
- State Services Main Examination (written and interview) for selection of candidates for the various categories of services and posts.
I. Preliminary Exam:
The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each paper will be set in accordance with the scheme given below :-
||General Aptitude Test
- This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination, candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination. Final selection list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in Main Examination and Interview.
- (A) Both the question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C, and D of which the only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record in the answer book, only A, B, C or D as may be adjudged by him to be the correct answer.
- (B) Each question papers will consist of 100 questions of 2 marks each. The total marks for each paper will be 200 and time duration for each paper will be of 2 hours.
- (c) Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about Fifteen times the total number of vacancies to be filled in various categories of services and posts as indicated in the advertisement. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the preliminary examination under a particular advertisement will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination. To be eligible for the main examination, candidates must secure a minimum of 40% marks in each question paper of preliminary examination. For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class and Handicapped Candidates, the minimum qualifying marks will be 30 %.
II. Main Examination:
Main Examination will consist of a written examination and an interview test.
(1) Written Examination:- The Written examination will consist of six papers of conventional essay type questions as given below:-
MPPSC Exam Pattern For Mains
Candidates who clear the MPPSC 2020 Prelims Test will be called for the Mains examination. The MPPSC Mains involves the following:
|Paper 1 – General Studies I
|Paper 2 – General Studies II
|Paper 3 – General Studies III
|Paper 4 – General Studies IV
|Paper 5 – General Hindi
|Paper 6 – Hindi Essay Writing
(2) There will be no scaling in mains examination . The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the total actual marks of compulsory subjects. The number of candidates in the merit list prepared in this way will be 3 times the number of posts advertised in each category and the candidates having equal marks to that of the last selected candidate will be declared qualified for the interview.
III. MPPSC Interview/Personality Test
In this round, interviewers interact with each of the candidates and ask questions based on the information provided by them, their educational qualification, experience, etc. The main objective of this round is to test the candidates’ presence of mind, situational intelligence, clarity of thoughts, analytical and soft skills.
The Interview round is of 175 marks.